Image via Wikipedia
Nov 26, 2011
In a statement, which SANA received a copy of, the Embassy said that “these reports are totally false and baseless,” adding”those who fabricate such allegations and acts are the opposition figures living in Cairo and calling for foreign military intervention in Syria, exploiting the current situation in the brotherly Egypt.
The Embassy added that such news is meant to instigate the Egyptian public opinion against Syria and the Syrian Embassy in Cairo to undermine the historic and friendly relations between the two countries.
The embassy pointed out that these same sides and groups attacked the residence of the Embassy on Friday.
M. Nasr / Ghossoun
- Wife of Syrian dissident kidnapped in Cairo, says family (althawramidan.wordpress.com)
- Syrian dissident says his wife abducted in Egypt (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Arab League would cut commercial ties with Syria under proposed sanctions (theglobeandmail.com)
- Syrian Dissident: Wife Freed After Egypt Abduction (foxnews.com)
- Pregnant woman kidnapped in Cairo, husband says (cnn.com)
- Syria buries security forces as sanctions loom (thehindu.com)
- Syria buries security forces as Arab League sanctions loom (ctv.ca)
- Syria buries pilots as Arab sanctions loom (cbc.ca)
- Husband of woman abducted in Cairo says he’s received new threat (cnn.com)
- Syrian Mobs Attack Embassies (samueljoyce.wordpress.com)